Thursday, June 9, 2011

LIGHTING IS EVERYTHING

Lilac-breasted Roller

If there is a prettier bird on earth than the Lilac-breasted Roller, I know I have not seen it yet. It is a stunning bird every time you see it.  Unlike Impala, I never tired of finding another one around the next corner. I do not feel these pictures can really show how impressive of a site it really is. We took more pictures of this bird, trying to get just the right one, than anything else in Africa other than maybe lions. I am pretty sure Frikkie took one of the pictures above and I downloaded it when I was getting some other pics off his camera card.  On a drive in Kruger Park one evening it finally happened. The sun was going down and we caught the bird above setting very close to the road in the perfect light. The sunlight seemed to dance off the bird's wings and chest. God had a fine day, the day he created this creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment